Wednesday, September 2, 2009




Today I visited the Museum of Archaeology and Geology and the Arab Baths. The Arab Baths are over 1000 years old and some of the artifacts in the museum are closer to 2000. I have included pictures from these places. I also went to the beach, but no pictures were taken as I was in the water for the entire time except for breaks to eat ice cream and lay on my towel. I had an umbrella this time as I went with locals who know the proper equipment to use. It was very fun to spend time with Jaime, Fran and their friends even though I could not always follow their conversations.


This first picture is from the Roman Occupation from c. 300 AD. The third line from the bottom talks of a native practice called Flaminica. The origins of Flamenco go way back

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to think about such history and how far back everything goes. We get so caught up in our every day lives it's really cool to just slow down and look at everything so many people have done before us.

    ReplyDelete