A Selection of Pictures from my Breakfast Tour in Europe:

This is one of the many Chocolate Shop window displays. We walked down the street sampling each type of truffle, chocolate bar, chocolate covered nuts and bon-bons.
This is my Belgium Waffle for Breakfast. It had strawberrys and whipped cream. My one later that day had chocolate and ice cream.


In between waffles we had a full day of sightseeing in Brussels. My favorite things were the weather and this Church: the leaves were changing and it was a crisp, cool fall day. Two things we do not have a lot of in Andalucia are trees that change colors and a full day of cool weather. The Church is St. Michael's of Brussels and it was built in the 13th Century. It is very Gothic with high ceilings and lots of stained glass. Also entrance was free, which in Spain is hit or miss with churches and I do not know how I feel about charging people to go into God's house. But then also it is for the upkeep so they need money. Anyway, the Church was beautiful.
Speaking of beautiful Churches... our second course of Breakfast brought us to Paris for crepes and croissants and Notre Dame du Paris.

The inside was amazing with huge stained glass. Mass was going on which again I wonder about the pros and cons of the Father's house as a market place versus the idea of worship open to all.
There was also this Tower that everyone talks about:
It was impressive and we were able to ride a bike around under it, albeit with two people as the American dollar has become so weak the bike renting centers do not accept American credit cards.
The last night we were in Paris we had dinner (breakfast can't last forever) in the Montmartre district. I had steak and french fries and salad and helado and even sampled the wine and had to approve before the waiter poured it for us.
This is the group minus Natalie, who was under the weather.

That looks like lots of fun...and really delicious.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed yourself!
And speaking of waffles, I have been making it tradition to have my own waffle on Sunday after Church--probably not too healthy being that I go strait to homework right afterwords with minimal physical exercise those days.